To show our appreciation for the positive difference you make as a nurse, Walden University has established the Nursing Excellence Scholarship program. This program recognizes registered nurses who are making a positive difference in the lives of their patients, their organizations, and the future of nursing.
The Nursing Excellence Scholarships awards a full-tuition and two $10,000 scholarships for each of the following programs:
- PhD in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Completion Program
Recipients of the Nursing Excellence Scholarship must:
- Be a new student enrolling in a Walden University program or who started no earlier than the January 11, 2016. Have not received another merit-based Walden scholarship.
- Have not received another merit-based Walden scholarship.
- Not be employed by Laureate Education Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
- Meet all admission requirements with the university in receipt of all of the applicant’s official documentation and be fully admitted into the eligible program.
- Affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting Walden University and its programs.
Scholarship Criteria and Application Process
- Submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words describing how your education, experience, and future plans qualify you for this scholarship. Please address all eligibility criteria noted in the scholarship description and provide specific examples.
- Submit a current copy of their resume or CV.
All required information must be provided in order for a nomination to be considered. Applicants may be contacted by phone to confirm the authenticity of information submitted.
- Winners will be announced in Mid-August 2016.
- Scholarship winners if not already enrolled in 2016, must enroll and start classes for one of the next two start dates between August 2016 and March 2017 or the scholarship will be forfeited
Scholarship Selection Process
A scholarship committee comprising members of Walden University will review the nominations and all submitted application materials and select the scholarship recipients.
Scholarship Announcements and Publicity
Individuals who receive a scholarship must affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting the program by signing a release form that allows Walden University to use the individual’s participation in the program for publicity purposes. Such publicity may include news releases and media advisories, local and national media coverage, media interviews and photos, inclusion on the Walden website and other similar public relations activities. All such materials remain the sole and exclusive property of Walden University.
Scholarship funds will be applied to a student’s bill over 5 terms beginning in the student’s first term after being awarded the scholarship beginning no sooner than the August 29 term start until the full amount has been awarded. Students will not receive cash back at any time. For funds to be disbursed, the student’s records with the Office of Admissions must be complete, including the student’s official transcript. At any given time, if a scholarship disbursement exceeds the cost of tuition, funds will be disbursed in the amount up to the tuition cost.
Now that all the information about Studying in Walden University Nursing Excellence Scholarships for International Students has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study in Walden University Bachelor's Degree Scholarships for Undergraduate Bachelors, Associate Degree and Other Degrees in Nursing Excellence Scholarships, can apply now.