TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS ((International English Language Testing System) are tests designed to determine the speaking, reading and listening skills of the student in the English language. TOEFL is mostly used to get into American schools while IELTS is accepted by many schools in the United Kingdom.
It will interest you to know that few schools in the US are known to exempt students from certain countries from presenting English proficiency test scores. International students whose national language is English often don’t need to take the TOEFL/IELTS. It now becomes important for students seeking admission into their choice schools to check the websites of the schools and generally research deeply about the schools before applying. Researching your school makes the admission process easier and less complicated.
|Study in USA without TOEFL/IELTS|
These are some of the schools in the US that do not require TOEFL/IELTS on certain conditions
1) University of Colorado: International students applying to the University of Colorado are required to meet a minimum standard of English proficiency except
- a) the student’s native language is English
- b) the applying student has completed at least one year of full-time academic study at a U.S. institution.
However, countries like Botswana, Ghana, South Africa and Nigeria are exempted from this arrangement. Students from these countries are NOT required to have TOEFL OR IELTS scores.
2) California State University: The California State University is a public university system in California. For admission in this university, international students need not produce a TOEFL/IELTS score if they have attended secondary school or/and graduate school with English as their medium of instruction. There are also a few countries for whose students they have waived the minimum English requirement.
2) Drexel University: Drexel University is a private research university with campuses in Philadelphia and California. Drexel University has two conditional admission programs i.e. University Preparation Summer Program (UPREP) and Bridge Program for international students who don’t meet the language requirement.
3) State University of New York: The State University of New York is a public university system in Albany, New York. The university grants admission to international students provided they undertake the Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
4) University of Iowa: The University of Iowa is a public research university based in Iowa City, Iowa. The university grants admission to students who are eligible but do not meet the English proficiency requirement.
5) University of Arkansas: The University of Arkansas is a public research university located in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Eligible international students need not produce TOEFL/IELTS scores; instead they must undertake the Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
6) University of Dayton: The University of Dayton is a private Roman Catholic national research university based in Dayton, Ohio. The university grants conditional admission to international students who are eligible but do not meet the university’s language requirement. They are required to undertake the Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
7) University of Delaware: The University of Delaware is a public university located in Delaware. The university will accept international students who are admissible except for English proficiency.
8) University of New Orleans: The University of New Orleans is a public urban university located in New Orleans, Louisiana, US. The university offers conditional admission for international students with secondary education or degrees from certain countries.
Now that all the information about Studying in USA without TOEFL/IELTS for International Students delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study in USA without TOEFL/IELTS for Undergraduate Bachelors, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.