Application Deadline: 2nd December, 2016
Brief description About University of Toronto
The University of Toronto Faculty of Arts and Science(FAS) is offering fellowships to outstanding recent doctoral students from any university in any country. It is offered annually.
|University of Toronto Canada, Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS)|
About the Award: The Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not discipline specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto. Applicants must secure sponsorship of a supervisor, or supervisors, from the professoriate within the Faculty of Arts & Science.
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Field of Study: Any research discipline across Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, candidates must have completed all requirements for their doctorate degree no earlier than May 1, 2015.
- Candidates cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Candidates may be citizens of any country, and from any university. Please note that successful international candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- The application deadline is December 2, 2016, with start dates no earlier than May 1, 2017 and no later than December 1, 2017. Decisions will be made in mid-February 2017, and successful applications will have 6 weeks from the time the decisions are announced to accept or decline the fellowship.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
Number of Awardees: Not stated
Value of Scholarship: These fellowships pay a stipend of $45,000 per year
Duration of Scholarship: Maximum of two years.
How to Apply:
- Also, Submit your CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure.
- The form includes a one page research proposal where you should describe your proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into your academic goals. Please note that reference list or bibliography is not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for your proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com). Note that only applications that have a corresponding Supervisor form will be considered.
- Submit a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure. Note that this form must be signed by the Chair or Director of the supervisor’s unit before being submitted. Co-supervision requires signatures from the Chairs and/or Directors from the units of all the supervisors.
- In the space provided, please comment on the applicant’s research potential, the quality of the proposed research, the research environment and resources that will be available to the applicant, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career development.
Submit completed forms and supporting documents to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also Visit Fellowship Webpage for details
Award Provider: University of Toronto
Now that all the information about University of Toronto Canada, Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) Fellowship for International Students has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study In Canada for Undergraduate Bachelors, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.