Application Deadline: 3rd March, 2017.
Brief description about Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS) at Malaysian Universities: The Malaysian Government is offering international scholarships for students from any part of the world to study for Bachelor, Masters and PhD degree in Malaysian public and private Universities 2017/2018.
Accepted Subject Areas? Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Economics and Islamic Finance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Biosecurity and Food Safety
- Infrastructure and Utility
- Environmental Studies
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
Candidates may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above
About Scholarship: The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
Scholarship Types: Ph.D, Masters and Undergraduate degree
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
Who is eligible to apply? To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application..
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only).
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
How Many Scholarships are available? Several
What are the benefits? Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance
How long will sponsorship last? For the duration of the programme of study
Eligible Countries: Any country – for international Students
To be taken at: Public and Private Universities in Malaysia
Scholarships is Offered annually.
How To Apply
All students or applicants interested for Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS) at Malaysian Universities 2017/2018 are to submit their applications electronically i.e you are to apply online.
- It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination.
- The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
You can also Visit Scholarship webpage for details.
Now that all the information about Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS) at Malaysian Universities has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study In Malaysian for Undergraduate, Bachelors, Masters, PHD, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.
Sponsors: Malaysian Government.
Sponsors: Malaysian Government.