Application Deadline: Scholarship applications will open on Monday 10 October, and close on Monday 24th October, 2016.
Brief Description: To achieve their objectives, the AIG will fund scholarships and Fellowships for outstanding Nigerians and Ghanaians to undertake intensive post-graduate world-class training in governance and public policy.
|AIG Fully-Funded Scholarships and Fellowship for Nigerian and Ghanaian Students at University of Oxford, UK|
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria and Ghana
Scholarships and Fellowship will be taken at (country): University of Oxford, UK
About the Awards:
Scholarship: AIG has entered into a partnership with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) to provide this training. Beginning in 2017, five scholarships will be awarded to Nigerian and Ghanaian candidates to attend the BSG and undergo a Master’s of Public Policy (MPP) degree. Upon graduation, AIG scholars will be expected to return home and apply their learning experience as change agents in their home country’s public sector.
Fellowship: The AIG Fellowship is open to Nigerian and Ghanaian nationals who are outstanding senior practitioners in the public sector and who have achieved significant impact on policy issues through their direct work. The Fellowship is available for a period of study, reflection and engagement with scholars and students at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) at the University of Oxford, and the Fellow will receive an allowance towards travel costs and living expenses.
Type: Masters scholarship; Fellowship
Eligibility and Criteria:
Scholarship: To be considered, applicants must:
- be citizens of Nigeria or Ghana
- Age between 25 and 35 years
- have achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford University and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline.
- possess strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
- have exceptional leadership qualities
- possess impeccable moral character.
Fellowship: To be considered, applicants must demonstrate evidence of:
– outstanding contributions to the development and implementation of a policy that has yielded a demonstrable impact on the public good
– commitment to public service in their country, region, and globally.
The AIG Fellow will also be expected to develop case studies and/or policy briefings or op/eds on an area of expertise. The Fellow would also be expected to share expertise on policy implementation, for example by speaking at a masterclass or workshop.
Number of Awardees:
Scholarship: Many scholarship recipients
Fellowship: Many Fellow
Value of Awards:
1. Scholarship: Candidates will be fully-funded to attend the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) and undergo a Master’s of Public Policy (MPP) degree. Scholarships available for 2017-2018 will cover fees, accommodation and living expenses
2. Fellowship: The Fellow will receive an allowance towards travel costs and living expenses. The AIG Fellow will become part of a global network of scholar-practitioners capable of designing new ways of enhancing in-country and global cooperation. The Fellow must return to Nigeria or Ghana after the term of the Fellowship, informed by knowledge and understanding gained through their research into regional and global best practices to help shape and influence future policy decisions.
How to Apply:
1. Scholarship: Apply here
2. Fellowship: Please send a full CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the criteria, your policy focus, and how you would wish to engage in that policy area as an AIG Fellow at BSG.
3. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details Visit Awards Webpage
Award Provider: Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)
Now that all the information about AIG Fully-Funded Scholarships and Fellowship for Nigerian and Ghanaian Students has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study In University of Oxford, UK for Undergraduate Bachelors, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.