Application Deadline: 30th March, 2017.
The Hanseatic Scholarships are open to all interested students worldwide to promote closer Anglo-German links within a European context.
About Hanseatic University (HU)
The Hanseatic University (HU) in Rostock-Warnemünde was a private university in Rostock, Germany. Founded in 2007, it was the second private institution of higher education in Germany to be granted university status by the government. In August 2008, when it had three students, it ceased activities, and it finally closed down March 2009.
The scholarships, which were established by the Hamburg-based Alfred Toepfer Stiftung FVS to reciprocate the Rhodes Scholarships to the University of Oxford from Germany, may be held at any academic institution in Germany, and are tenable for one or two years.
The successful candidates must undertake research at doctoral or postdoctoral level; give evidence of a workable project not connected to a research degree; or obtain a German degree.
One or two years
The current value of the scholarship is approximately €15,000 per annum, although travel expenses will also be covered
Level of study:
Graduate and undergraduate (final year)
Year of study:
Graduates of all years, undergraduates in their final year of study
Candidates will normally be expected to show a reasonable proficiency in the use of the German language, but further funding may be available to candidates who do not have a good knowledge of German to enable them to attend a language course in Germany at the beginning of their stay.
Candidates' proposed programmes of study or research must be such that they can best be carried out at a German university or institution of higher learning. Successful candidates will be those whose studies and personal development have most to gain from a period of study in Germany
Applicants are advised to contact their proposed host institution before submitting their application
How to apply
- Applications are currently open for the 2017/18 academic year. Applications should be submitted to Student Fees and Funding by 12 noon on 30th March, 2017 (Week 3 of Hilary Term).
- Online application: Please complete the online application form and upload all supporting documentation (PDF only, see full details of application process in section below). Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Interviews for short-listed candidates will take place in Oxford (Week 9 of Hilary Term). Applications from candidates who are unable to attend an interview on this date cannot be accepted.
- Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of March 2017.
Please note that you will not be able to save and return to the online application later, and it is therefore recommended that you have below information ready when starting the application process.
As part of the online application you will be asked to submit the following supporting information:
- Personal statement on your current research, proposed study abroad and explanation outlining how the period abroad would be relevant to your future career plans (500 words)
- Names and contact details of two referees. Your referees will be contacted automatically by email and asked to submit a reference as soon as you submit your application. Therefore, please ensure you seek their approval to be nominated as a referee in advance. It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees submit their references by the deadline.
- Budget breakdown showing the proposed monthly costs for the period of study abroad including registration/tuition fees where applicable
- CV including a list of publications (if any), prizes, and academic history (full details of school and university education), along with a statement of your extra-curricular activities and interests
- Copies of transcripts for current and previous university education
- Proof of any correspondence with the host institution regarding your proposed attachment, if available
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
Now that all the information about Hanseatic University Germany Scholarships has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study In Germany for Undergraduate Bachelors, Masters, PhD, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.