Application Deadline: 27th January, 2017.
Brief Description: Applications to be a Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Fellow are open to Africans from around the world – including those who currently reside in the Diaspora – in all fields of science, including the social sciences and technology fields.
Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Fellowship is offered annually.
Scholarship will be taken at (country): Kigali, Rwanda
About the Award: The Next Einstein Forum (NEF), an African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) initiative in partnership with the Robert Bosch Stiftung, announces the opening of the Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Fellows Programme which will identify 15 of Africa’s top young scientists, honoring their achievement and contributions to Africa and the world’s development at the next Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Global Gathering.
The NEF Fellows is a select programme that recognises Africa’s best young scientists and technologists. These innovators and emerging leaders, at least 40 percent of whom are women, will have two main opportunities as a Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Fellow:
1. Advance their scientific career. NEF Fellows have a unique platform to:
- Present their work at the NEF Global Gathering in the presence of leading scientists, journalists, industries and business people from the world.
- Gain exposure to a global audience of approximately 100 million viewers and readers worldwide.
- Draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for support, connections and counsel to advance their work.
- Develop mentoring relationships with leading scientists, policymakers, industry representatives and civil-society leaders
2. Inspire the next generation of African innovators. NEF Fellows participate in campaigns and events to encourage young people to pursue scientific careers.
Offered Since: 2013
Eligibility: Applicants should be under 42 years old and have a doctorate degree with a demonstrated track record of innovative research and findings. NEF Fellows must also be passionate about raising Africa’s science profile and be able to captivate both a scientific and non-scientific audiences.
Number of Awardees: 15
Value of Scholarship:
- Attend the prestigious, invitation only Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Global Gathering in Kigali, Rwanda in March 2018 alongside Nobel Prize winners,Heads of states, experienced and emerging scientists and representatives from leading global organisations and civil societies.
- Research and innovations will be showcased as an example of the potential of young, exceptional, scientific talent from Africa.
- Collaborate with, receive mentoring from and partner with leading scientists, policy makers, industry representatives and civil society leaders as well as other young African scientists.
- Contribute to the establishment of a positive global view of science in Africa.
- Application and programme participation are completely free.
Download Application Form here:
For more details Visit Fellowship Webpage.
Award Provider: The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
- Important Notes: The selected NEF Fellows will be announced in June 2017.
- It is important to go through the Eligibility requirements and Application processes before applying.
Now that all the information about Next Einstein Forum (NEF) Fellowship for Africans around the World has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue this Free Tuition/Fellowship in Rwanda for Postgraduate, Masters, PhD, doctoral or postdoctoral level, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.