Application Deadline: January, 2017
About University of Edinburgh
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides young people who have demonstrated academic talent with access to quality education.
The University of Edinburgh will provide 80 undergraduate and 120 postgraduate African students with full scholarships over the next seven years. Students will receive comprehensive support to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and they will benefit from extracurricular course elements including summer schools and internships to build their abilities and make a difference to their home countries and communities on their return.
Scholarships will be taken in UK.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Masters.
Scholarships will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance. Awards are tenable for one academic year, and at the end of the award candidates will be required to return to Africa.
The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh. 60 Scholars from other MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions will also benefit from participating in a number of online distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University of Edinburgh. As well as receiving an excellent education at one of the top ranked universities in the world, undergraduate Scholars will:
- Participate in UK and Africa based Summer Schools;
- Complete a course on African development;
- Engage in a volunteering project in their home country;
- Undertake a work-based placement in the UK;
- Receive support on their return to their home country; and
- Following their graduation, around 50% of our undergraduate Scholars will then be supported to complete distance learning Masters degrees after their return to Africa.
Postgraduate masters Scholars will:
- Complete six courses followed by the production of a dissertation;
- Participate in a retreat designed to nurture leadership skills;
- Attend a short Summer School; and
- Undertake an internship which will include reflective learning.
Online distance Masters Scholars will:
- Undertake a range of online distance Masters degrees which will be available to 60 Scholars from MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions.
Please be advised, applications submitted after January, 2017 will not be considered. A University of Edinburgh Selection Committee will meet after January 2017 with an aim to interview shortlisted candidates in February and March. The scholarship winners will be announced in late-March 2017.
Costs associated with visas, English language testing, and the application process (including deposit for application) will be covered by The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
Visit Scholarship webpage for more details.
Now that all the information about University of Edinburgh Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study in UK for Undergraduate Bachelors, Masters, PhD, doctoral or postdoctoral level, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.