Application Deadline: 31st January, 2017
Brief Description: 60 postgraduate Masters scholarships are available for the brightest and best African scholars with great potential but few educational opportunities.
Scholars will be provided with the opportunity to become leaders within their communities and to improve the lives of countless more when they return home to Africa.
Scholarship will be taken in UK
- Scholarships will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
- Awards are tenable for one academic year, and at the end of the award candidates will be required to return to Africa.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate Masters programmes:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Education
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MSc Product Design
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh in the programmes listed above. Applicants should apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. Have a look at entry requirements for postgraduate students at http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/postgraduate-entry/africa Please see section on applying below for more information;
- You must be a resident and citizen of African country.
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community; and
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not already had the opportunity to study in Scotland.
The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree. Applicants financial, personal, and family circumstances will also be taken into account.
Applicants must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
Note: Applicants are advice to apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. By completing a short online pre-application assessment, the MCF team will assess the student’s eligibility for the scholarship and if appropriate, provide a full application form.
STEP 1: COMPLETE AN ONLINE PRE-APPLICATION ASSESSMENT
In order to assess your eligibility for the scholarship, please complete the following Pre-Application Assessment Form.
STEP 2: RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM THE MCF TEAM
Based on your eligibility for the program as assessed through the online Pre-Application Assessment Form, the school will send you a full scholarship application if you’re eligible for the scholarship program with further information on the terms & conditions of the program.
STEP 3: COMPLETE & SUBMIT YOUR FULL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please be advised, full applications after 31st January, 2017 will not be considered. A University of Edinburgh Selection Committee will meet after January 2017 with an aim to interview shortlisted candidates in February and March. The scholarship winners will be announced in late-March 2017.
Costs associated with visas, English language testing, and the application process (including deposit for application) will be covered by The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
Visit Scholarship webpage for more details.
Now that all the information about University of Edinburgh Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study in UK for Masters, PhD, doctoral or postdoctoral level, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.