Application Deadline: 31st January, 2017.
Brief Description: 80 undergraduate scholarships are available over the next four years for the brightest and best African scholars with great potential, but few educational opportunities.
Scholars will be provided with the opportunity to become leaders within their communities and to improve the lives of countless more when they return home to Africa.
- Scholarships will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
- Awards are tenable for the duration of the undergraduate programme of study, and at the end of the award candidates will be required to return to Africa. .
- You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Applicants should apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. Have a look at entry requirements for undergraduate students at http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/country/africa. Please see section on applying for more information;
- You must be a resident and citizen of African country.
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community; and
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
- The scholarship is not available to students already on programme.
- The scholarship may be terminated at any time when an unsatisfactory progress report is received from the School or if the scholarship holder ceases to be registered as a full-time student at the University of Edinburgh.
- The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Applicants financial, personal, and family circumstances will also be taken into account.
- Applicants must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
Applicants should apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. By completing a short online pre-application assessment, the MCF team will assess the student’s eligibility for the scholarship and if appropriate, provide a full application form:
STEP 1: COMPLETE AN ONLINE PRE-APPLICATION ASSESSMENT
In order to assess your eligibility for the scholarship, please complete the following pre-application assessment form. Please note that full applications are not accepted before 4th October 2016, but you can complete the Pre-Application Assessment Form before that time.
STEP 2: RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM THE MCF TEAM
Based on your eligibility for the program as assessed through the Online Pre-Application Assessment Form, the school will send a full scholarship application if you're eligible for the scholarship program with further information on the terms and conditions of the program.
STEP 3: COMPLETE & SUBMIT YOUR FULL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Please be advised, full applications after 31st January, 2017 will not be considered. A University of Edinburgh Selection Committee will meet after January 2017 with an aim to interview shortlisted candidates in February and March. The scholarship winners will be announced in late-March 2017.
Costs associated with visas, English language testing, and the application process (including deposit for application) will be covered by The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
Visit Scholarship webpage for more details.
Now that all the information about University of Edinburgh Fully Funded Postgraduate Scholarships has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study in UK for Undergraduate Bachelors, Masters, PhD, doctoral or postdoctoral level, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.